Skip to main content

Fun

In early February, I bought a season's pass to Grouse Mountain.  I have owned a pass in the past but not in for a few years.  My main goal was to get up on Monday and/or Wednesday nights for the Social Snowshoe.  90 minutes snowshoeing up the Snowshoe Grind and over the back side of Dam Mountain.  Headlamps required.

Full Moon


Fellow Snowshoers

View of Vancouver

Yes, these are terrible photos.  I only took photos this one time.  I realized that the iPhone will not take good photos in these conditions and you miss the actual moment trying to get a good photo.

In addition to Grouse, I have been up to Cypress Mountain Nordic area two times this season

First trip to Cypress

Our friend The Raven


Map of the snowshoe trails

Happy hikers today

Happy hikers today


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

|ronman Canada Race Report - Part 6 (Final Report but just the beginning)

Run – 42.2kms – 5:11:09 The run was slow and basically went as planned. The first 3kms of the run are in and around the finish line. When I was at about the 2km mark, I could hear Jordon Rapp, the race winner giving his victory interview with Steve King. How crazy is that??!! I have 40kms to go on the run and the winner has finished. As I headed out of town and down Main Street I saw www.twitter.com/kelownagurl and her husband Erik cheering me on. Not more than 50 feet later I saw www.twitter.com/trifunster and her husband. I was running slowly but had a smile on my face and felt pretty good. I was not really concerned about the distance I had to cover still. I was pretty excited that I had now finished the swim and the bike and was now on the run. It was like being in a dream how quickly the time had passed during the day. Around 9kms into the run I started to feel the distinct tightness of my right IT Band. I had ITB 10 years ago when I first started to run marathons but t

April Fools 1/2 Marathon Plus 15km cool down

After my minor breakdown at work on Friday, I set off on Saturday for Sechelt.  I have run the April Fool's Half Marathon two times and this was my third time.  It never fails to be hilly and hard.   Sunday morning I started off at in Gibsons ready to run to Mission Point Park.  I took it very conservatively knowing that I would be adding another 15kms on at the end of the 'race'.   I crossed the finish line, collected my medal, filled my water bottles, ate a  piece of bagel and a bite of banana and kept running west.   I do not recommend running your longest run before a marathon in Sechelt if you are not used to hills.  That place is full of 12-15% grades both up and down. At the end of the day, I ran from 9:17am - 2pm with a few quick breaks to refill bottles, eat gels and take few rocks out of my shoes.   After a shower and some real food, I was back on the ferry to North Vancouver.  Reward:  White Spot Legendary Burger combo with cheese and a Coke.