Skip to main content

Pave Culture Cycliste - Barcelona Bike Shop

In March we took a family trip to Spain for spring break.  The primary reason for this trip was to attend football (soccer) matches in Madrid and Barcelona.  As a family, we researched this trip A LOT and found A LOT of very cool things to do in the cities we visited (Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona).  One of those cool things was a destination bike shop in Barcelona.

We set aside one afternoon to head out to the shop.  Not having rented a car, we studied the train routes and schedules and determined it was about 30 mins outside of Barcelona in El Prat del Llobergat.  

After missing our first train by about 2 minutes, we had to wait another 30 minutes for the next train.  This was the first of our missed connections and confusion for this journey.  Once we arrived at the train station closest to the shop, we still had about a 20 minute walk to the shop.  It is an industrial area so there were no taxis to be found.  The whole time we were travelling to the shop, I was secretly worried that we would arrive to find the shop closed.  The hours of operation in Spain can be a bit strange for those of us from North America.  

Finally, after 2 hours of trains and walking, we arrived at Pave!  And it did not disappoint.














Pave is not just a bike shop, they are a bike museum.  The shop and display space were amazingly beautiful.  The staff spoke a little English and was able to help show us around the store.  The owner gave us a personal tour of the entire location, including a 5 shower stall locker room for their staff and customers, full kitchen and meeting room space, and Retul bike fitting system.

After spending over an hour there, we left with 2 Pave kits and some fun accessories.  

The journey back to our Barcelona apartment was just as adventure filled with missed trains and bus connections but still very worth the trip.

If you are in Barcelona, I would suggest taking a cab or driving if you rented a car.  

Here is the link to their address.  A must see for any cyclist visiting the Barcelona area.

Happy Training!


Comments

Natsuko said…
What a cool coffee mug ♡
fietster said…
This shop is incredible, and beautiful. They also have "siesta" rides Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday, but you should be very fit to take part, pretty fast, and frequently hard local hills above Barcelona. I have done them and it's great. The shop sells mostly top-of-the-line bikes and accessories.

Popular posts from this blog

|ronman Canada Race Report - Part 6 (Final Report but just the beginning)

Run – 42.2kms – 5:11:09 The run was slow and basically went as planned. The first 3kms of the run are in and around the finish line. When I was at about the 2km mark, I could hear Jordon Rapp, the race winner giving his victory interview with Steve King. How crazy is that??!! I have 40kms to go on the run and the winner has finished. As I headed out of town and down Main Street I saw www.twitter.com/kelownagurl and her husband Erik cheering me on. Not more than 50 feet later I saw www.twitter.com/trifunster and her husband. I was running slowly but had a smile on my face and felt pretty good. I was not really concerned about the distance I had to cover still. I was pretty excited that I had now finished the swim and the bike and was now on the run. It was like being in a dream how quickly the time had passed during the day. Around 9kms into the run I started to feel the distinct tightness of my right IT Band. I had ITB 10 years ago when I first started to run marathons but t

April Fools 1/2 Marathon Plus 15km cool down

After my minor breakdown at work on Friday, I set off on Saturday for Sechelt.  I have run the April Fool's Half Marathon two times and this was my third time.  It never fails to be hilly and hard.   Sunday morning I started off at in Gibsons ready to run to Mission Point Park.  I took it very conservatively knowing that I would be adding another 15kms on at the end of the 'race'.   I crossed the finish line, collected my medal, filled my water bottles, ate a  piece of bagel and a bite of banana and kept running west.   I do not recommend running your longest run before a marathon in Sechelt if you are not used to hills.  That place is full of 12-15% grades both up and down. At the end of the day, I ran from 9:17am - 2pm with a few quick breaks to refill bottles, eat gels and take few rocks out of my shoes.   After a shower and some real food, I was back on the ferry to North Vancouver.  Reward:  White Spot Legendary Burger combo with cheese and a Coke.